Terms, conditions and privacy
PURPOSES and PRINCIPLES
The aim of Prostate Cancer Units Network is to create a network of centres of excellence for the treatment of prostate cancer. The directory of specialist prostate cancer units offers relevant information on centres with specific expertise in diagnosis, state-of-the-art treatment, and care of prostate cancer.
The data collected, which you voluntarily submit, will be used to make the centre more visible and not for the purpose of medical diagnosis or the provision of care or treatment. This data will therefore be accessible and used by people all over the world.
All information obtained from the Prostate Cancer Units Network questionnaire remains under responsibility of the individual applicant and is on an honour basis. Moreover, the prostate cancer units listed on Prostate Cancer Units Network website are not entitled to any accreditation or certification.
By submitting the online form, you give authorisation to the European School of Oncology (Prostate Cancer Units Network is a programme of the European School of Oncology) to insert the data about the centre and its staff in the Prostate Cancer Units Network directory and publications. Please understand that others will be able to view and use the data provided. You agree to regularly update all your centre's details.
Modification and updates of the information submitted can take place at any time.
Any questions regarding this website and its services may be addressed to: Francesca Marangoni firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the European Regulation 679/2016 which refers to personal data protection, please be informed herewith that:
Personal data which you have supplied to us will be used in accordance with the content of the regulation UE 679/2016 in order to complete the service(s) requested by you.
Should consent to use your data not be provided, we may not be able to accept your registration to this website.
Your data will be managed in relation to our specific activity of enlisting cancer centres on this website and are related to the normal activity of a relationship with customers / users of services or potential ones; no mass marketing activity is envisaged, except for specific purposes related to PCU and ESO educational activities (specific consent to be provided).
Data retention (which in any case may not exceed 10 years from the last update) is linked to the existence of a supply of goods / services, to legal obligations or to specific treatment needs of which you are a part of. It is your right to request the deletion of your data when the same right is not in opposition to legal obligations.
The provided data will be communicated to collaborators appointed by ESO in order to complete the services requested, to public institutions and public security bodies for legal obligations linked to the tasks assigned to ESO, and to any third parties only as a result of their role in the fulfilment of the services you are requesting to ESO.
You have the right to obtain the cancellation, limitation, updating, portability, opposition to the processing of your personal data as indicated in articles 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22 of the European Regulation 679/2016.
The data controller is the European School of Oncology, Via Turati 29, Milan, Italy. Protection Data Manager: Dott. Alberto Costa.
Any privacy-related issues can be addressed to: email@example.com
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
For more information see:
Categories of cookies
The Cookies are broken down as follows:
Technical Cookies and performance cookies
- Technical Cookies – These are strictly related to browsing the website and guarantee normal use of it. Among other things, they make it possible to recognise the computer or mobile device when a new connection is made and to manage a browsing session allowing continuous connection to the area protected by your login details for the entire duration of the browsing session.
- Performance cookies – They are used for statistical purposes to improve the service and the use of the Website by its users. Performance cookies helps, for example, to identify especially popular areas of the website.
Session and persistent cookies
Cookies can expire at the end of a browser session (from when a user opens the browser window to when they exit the browser) or they can be stored for longer.
- Session cookies - allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. These session cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored longer term.
- Persistent cookies - are stored on a users’ device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered.
First and third party cookies
Whether a cookie is "first" or "third" party refers to the website or domain placing the cookie.
- First party cookies – are cookies set by a website visited by the user / the website displayed in the URL window.
- Third party cookies – are cookies that are set by a domain other than the one being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a separate company sets a cookie through that website this would be a third party cookie.
The Cookies on this website
The Cookies installed by the website are:
- ASPSESSIONID*– First party cookie – Expires: At end of session – Used to maintain Sessions in ASP.
- pcu – First party cookie – Expires: 4 days – Used to maintain the user sessions inside the website.
Third party cookies
You can find more information about third party cookies at:
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
See your browser help for how to do this:
Selected images are courtesy of:
- Lana Galina - The nework
- Aleera - Unbelievable!!!
- Christiana Care - Graham Cancer Center Expansion 9
- Christiana Care - Graham Cancer Center Expansion 22
- Col Ford and Natasha de Vere - DNA extraction in action
- University of Michigan School of Natural Resources & Environment - DNA lab
- Daniel Sjöström - Itsy, bitsy spider...
- UCL Mathematical and Physical Sciences - Large-scale structure of light distribution in the universe
- paul bica - bridging knowledge to health
- Mikael Hvidtfeldt Christensen - Sunflower
- Christoph Rupprecht - Leaf Structure VIII
- Karl-Ludwig Poggemann - look downstairs into stairwell whirl
- Erik Eskedal - Structures 24